Our group is focused on muscle physiology in both normal, exercised, aged and pathologic conditions:
- Impact of neuromuscular disease on muscle function and motor performance (i.e., characterization of rodent models)
- Evaluation of therapies on muscle function. Preclinical studies in rodent models of neuromuscular diseases with the collaboration of the muscle evaluation PTF at UMS28 (S. Morosan and M. Lemaitre)
- Integrative physiology of healthy skeletal muscle
- Effects of exercise in rodent models of neuromuscular diseases
Arnaud FERRY, PhD, PU, Group leader
Dylan MOUTACHI, IE
Alexandra MONCEAU, Doctorate
Contact : firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ferry A, Messéant J, Parlakian A, Lemaitre M, Roy P, Delacroix C, Lilienbaum A, Hovhannisyan Y, Furling D, Klein A, Li Z, Agbulut O; Desmin prevents muscle wasting, exaggerated weakness and fragility, and fatigue in dystrophic mdx mouse. J Physiol. (2020) 598(17):3667-3689. doi: 10.1113/JP279282.
- Delacroix C, Hyzewicz J, Lemaitre M, Friguet B, Li Z, Klein A, Furling D, Agbulut O, Ferry A. Improvement of Dystrophic Muscle Fragility by Short-Term Voluntary Exercise through Activation of Calcineurin Pathway in mdx Mice. Am J Pathol. 2018 Nov;188(11):2662-2673.
- Ueberschlag-Pitiot V, Stantzou A, Messéant J, Lemaitre M, Owens DJ, Noirez P, Roy P, Agbulut O, Metzger D, Ferry A. Gonad-related factors promote muscle performance gain during postnatal development in male and female mice. Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab. 2017 Jul 1;313(1):E12-E25.
- Roy P, Rau F, Ochala J, Messéant J, Fraysse B, Lainé J, Agbulut O, Butler-Browne G, Furling D, Ferry A. Dystrophin restoration therapy improves both the reduced excitability and the force drop induced by lengthening contractions in dystrophic mdx skeletal muscle. Skelet Muscle. 2016 Jul 20;6:23.
Other publications :