The topics covered in this page are:
- 2. What is a cookie?
- 4. What types of cookies are used by AIM?
- 5. How do we collect your consent?
- 6. How can you object to the use of these cookies?
This page can be modified. It is recommended to consult it regularly.
2. What is a cookie?
A cookie is information stored on the terminal of an Internet user when (s)he browses a website. It contains several data: the name of the server which deposited it, an identifier in the form of a unique number, status information and possibly an expiration date. Cookies are used to retain status information during their period of validity, when a browser accesses the various pages of a website, or when this browser subsequently returns to this website. Only the issuer of a cookie can read or modify the information it contains.
There are different types of cookies:
- session cookies: which disappear as soon as you close your browser or exit the website;
- permanent cookies: that remain on your device until their lifespan expires or until you delete them using your browser features.
For more information on cookies, you can visit the CNIL website.
AIM is always looking for new ways to improve its website to provide you with better service. Thus, the Association can, in particular by using cookies, make the content and information on its website more relevant and adapt them to your personal needs. In addition, some cookies facilitate and speed up the interaction between you and our website and help you navigate between different parts of it.
- Manage user sessions;
- Remember information that you have given us or requested via forms that you fill out on our site;
- Evaluate the relevance of the published content and the ergonomics of the site;
- Carry out statistics and analyzes of frequentation and use, navigation, and audience measurements of the site, in order to improve your experience.
4. What types of cookies does AIM use?
- Functional and technical cookies
These cookies are necessary for the website to function properly. They make the operation of the website more user-friendly and give you a more personalized online experience. It is for example the cookie which retains your parameters or user preferences.
The technical cookie used to perform load balancing between our different computer servers or this cookie that identifies you as being logged into the website. These cookies are not used to collect information about you and are not intended to identify Internet users. These cookies are exclusively placed by AIM.
Without these cookies you cannot use the site normally.
- Audience measurement cookies
AIM uses analytical cookies to collect information relating to the connection and behavior of visitors for statistical purposes (navigation, use of the site, etc.), in order to improve the content and functionality of the site, adapt more to your wishes and increase the ease of use. These cookies are also used to count visitors to a page, the number of page views, as well as visitor activity on the site and their frequency of return.
AIM uses third parties to analyze website usage. These cookies are managed by Google Inc., and generated by the Google Analytics tool. They make it possible to analyze the navigation on the site and to carry out statistics and audience measurements. These cookies are placed and read on the user’s terminal equipment as soon as the latter accesses a website using the “Google Analytics” service.
They contain certain information such as:
– The domain name of the site consulted;
– A user identifier;
– Browsing history on the website using the “Google Analytics” service;
– Your IP address devoid of its last octet to determine the connection city.
These data are transmitted and stored by Google on servers located in the United States. Google entities are members of Safe Harbor and ensure an adequate level of data protection (Decision 2000/520 / CE of July 26, 2000).
If you do not want these cookies to be installed on your computer, you can refer to your browser settings and follow the instructions provided there to oppose this installation.
Below you will find a summary of our cookies for more information:
|wpml_browser_redirect_test||Session||Redirect in the user’s language|
|PHPSESSID||Session||Identify the session|
|_icl_visitor_lang_js||24 hours||Redirect in the user’s language|
|_gat_gtag_UA_123348660_3||24 hours||Google Analytics|
|_gid||24 hours||Distinction of users|
|_ga||2 years (Google Analytics’ cookie)||Distinction of users|
5. How do we collect your consent?
The installation of certain cookies is subject to your consent.
6. How can you object to the use of these cookies?
If you do not want the website to place cookies (with the exception of functional cookies) on your computer, you can refuse and / or delete cookies using your browser settings.
However, if you have refused all or some cookies, the website may no longer function properly.