The Institute of Myology has seven divisions, separate and complementary, and a transversal teaching activity.
- The Service of Neuromyology directed by Pr Bertrand Fontaine, main point of the Reference centre for neuromuscular disorders of East of Paris
- Morphological Unit directed by Dr Norma Romero
- Neuromuscular Physiology Laboratory directed by Jean-Yves Hogrel, PhD
- NMR Laboratory – Spectroscopy Laboratory directed by Harmen Reyngoudt, PhD and Benjamin Marty, PhD
- The Myology Research Centre directed by Pr Bertrand Fontaine
- The Myobank(Tissue bank for research) directed by Pr Bertrand Fontaine
- Institute I-Motion, Pediatric Clinical Research Center on the site of the Hôpital Trousseau directed by Pr Odile Boespflug-Tanguy
2018 key figures
- 250 experts, including 40 doctors, 5 psychologists, 40 researchers, 70 technicians and engineers, 65 doctoral researchers and PhD students and 30 managers, administrative staff and projects leaders. Among them, 133 positions are funded by the Institute of Myology.
- More than 7000 m2
- 32 595 patients records from its inception
- 4 054 consultations (80% muscle, 20% peripheral nerve) including 500 pluridisciplinary consultations
- 1 735 day admissions
- 406 psychology consultations
- 928 muscular biopsies including 433 news ones and 495 for re-analysis
- 162 international publications
- 18 studies and clinical trials
- 10 databases and registries
- 15 720 samples stored in Myobank
- 28 patents in the portfolio
- The funding allocated by l’AFM-TELETHON to the Institute of Myology for the year 2018 amounts to € 8.6 million, representing 44% of the Institute’s overall budget.