Located in Paris at the heart of the largest European hospital, Pitié-Salpêtrière, the Institute of Myology was created in 1996 by AFM-Telethon, a patient’s organization. Its goal: Promote Myology and have it accepted as a standalone clinical and scientific discipline. The Institute of Myology coordinates around the patient, medical care, basic research, applied research, clinical research and teaching.
The Strategic plan of the Institute of Myology has a specific objective focus on digitalization.
A digital task force, recently created, would like to address new unmet needs regarding data management, computerized science, data analytics and bioinformatics project to prepare a future Muscle hub and the Medical Artificial Intelligence projects focused on NeuroMuscular and rare diseases.
The project manager will have to support more than 15 teams (Myology research center, Imaging, evaluation, histopathology, Myobank, clinical trials, healthcare professionals in the service of Neuro-Myology…) that would like to synchronize decades of unharmonized data and write the future with standardization, compliance, interoperability and AI to share their expertise with colleagues, Academics, start-ups and other partners.
There is a possibility of evolution, creating a specific department as a data platform with a team after clarification of the overall project.
This role will require an overarching view on all relevant activities and liaising closely with key stakeholders to ensure the needs and input of the strategic digital task-force as a coordinator a first point of contact and a comprehensive support service for partners, experts and the steering committee.
The project manager includes direct line management and development of the Strategic Director in the Coordination team.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure the Digital projects aims and Task-Force objectives are achieved after Strategic orientation validated by the Steering committee
- Lead the monthly project’s meeting, evaluation and operational planning.
- Define the different hypothesis including human ressources and financial planning and reporting to ensure projects deadlines are achieved.
- Take responsibility for collating and reporting management information.
- Provide management support to the Strategic Director and the various committee members. Work alongside the Strategic Director to prepare and run project meetings.
- Contribute to the project’s strategic communications plan, annual and other reports to publicise the work of the project.
- Promote and support present and future Institute of Myology related Digital projects such as the Registries, different myology databases, histopathology digitalization project, clinical files digitalization project, clinical trials centralization etc…
- Establish working relationships across the other partners wherever necessary, including a specific task-force with the Institut of Biotherapies (AFM-Téléthon)
- IT data engineer
- Data scientist
- Previous experiences in a relevant role to manage projects in science or medicine is key
- Project management skills to coordinate IT/science/medical projects with data governance (definition, cartography, documentation process, planning, RACI, implementation…), including quality and compliance constraints in the data privacy scope (anonymization) and ability to deliver results on time and within budget
- Decision making and proactive approach to problem solving
- Skills on bioinformatics and computer science with data selection, guidance and architecture, standardization, mathematic models to store and classify various data, Flow/System access and security, interoperability, compilation and calculation
- Ability to work with Biostatistics to pilot, extract and analyse various form of relevant clean data collected to challenge assumptions, interpretation of models, algorithms and machine learning development
- Effective report writing skills and the ability to research and present information clearly
- Sound written and oral knowledge of English language, working level in French
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills including motivational negotiating and influencing
- Rigor, accuracy and adaptability
- Results analysis capabilities
- Taste for teamwork
- Sharing and communication
This permanent contract, based at the Institute of Myology (Hôpital Pitié Salpêtrière, Paris 13), is to be filled on a full-time basis.
Thank you to send your application (CV + cover letter) by e-mail to the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org