Located in Paris at the heart of the largest European hospital, Pitié-Salpêtrière, the Institute of Myology was created in 1996 by AFM-Telethon, a patient’s organization. Its goal: Promote Myology and have it accepted as a standalone clinical and scientific discipline. The Institute of Myology coordinates, around the patient, medical care, basic research, applied research, clinical research and teaching.
European Reference Networks (ERNs) are virtual networks involving healthcare providers across Europe. They aim to facilitate discussion on complex or rare diseases and conditions that require highly specialised treatment, and concentrated knowledge and resources. EURO-NMD is a European Reference Network for the thematic grouping of rare neuromuscular diseases (NMDs), a broad group of related disorders that represent a major cause of mortality and lifelong disability in children and adults.
This management post within the Institute of Myology leads the strategic development and delivery of the EU-funded project European Reference Network (ERN) EURO-NMD to ensure the deliverables and objectives of this multinational project are achieved.This role will require an overarching view on all relevant international activities and liaising closely with key stakeholders to ensure the needs and input of EURO-NMD are coordinated and addressed. This will be achieved by providing a point of contact and comprehensive professional support service, on an international level, between the European Commission, local, national and international experts.It includes direct line management and development of the coordination team. The post holder reports internally to the EURO-NMD Coordinator (PI), with external responsibility to the European Commission, and is supported by the EURO-NMD coordination team.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure the projects aims and objectives are achieved.
- Participate in the project’s annual operational planning.
- Contribute to financial planning and reporting to ensure EU submission deadlines are achieved.
- Take responsibility for collating and reporting management information.
- Provide management support to the coordinator and the various committee chairs. Work alongside the coordinator to prepare and run project meetings.
- Contribute to the project’s strategic communications plan, annual and other reports to publicise the work of the project.
- Promote and support present and future ERN related projects such as the building of the ERN Euro-NMD Registry, the Clinical Patient Management System (CPMS), a secure application for virtual medical consultations. Organization and implementation of Zoom webinars.
- Establish working relationships across the other ERN’s wherever necessary.
- PhD in science or equivalent
- Significant previous experience in a relevant role, at least 3 years
- Sound written and oral knowledge of English language, working level in French
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills including motivational negotiating and influencing.
- Decision making and proactive approach to problem solving
- Ability to work independently as well as with others
- Effective report writing skills and the ability to research and present information clearly.
- Excellent project management skills and the ability to deliver results on time and within budget.
- Solid IT skills, working knowledge of Microsoft Office, keen to develop ability to handle project-related software, platforms and systems with confidence.
- Knowledge of the neuromuscular and field
- Knowledge of systems for funding and support of rare disease research
- Understanding of relevant EU initiatives.
- Willing to travel internationally
This fixed term contract, based at the Institute of Myology (Hôpital Pitié Salpêtrière, Paris 13) is to be filled on a full-time basis.
Thank you to send by e-mail your application (CV + motivation letter) to the following address: email@example.com
Access the complete announcement of Project Manager (M/F) for ERN EURO-NMD